Safety is a top priority at the Reinosa Steel Plant, and we put our employees’ health and welfare above all else. We are committed to producing quality steel products and project solutions. To achieve this quality, we actively manage all operational and workplace risks associated with the employee safety and the health of our environment and community. There is no scenario – production, operational, or financial – that would make us compromise the wellbeing of our workforce.
We hold an Occupational Health and Safety Management System certification (December 2018 under ISO 45001:2008). This system is based on continuous improvement following the Deming Cycle (Plan, Do, Check, Act) to achieve our Zero Accident Target. The Reinosa Steel Plant also enforces a Decalogue of General Health and Safety Rules throughout the entire company to manage risks and preventive measures, and uses company personalized mobile applications (apps) to monitor and control activities such as facilities inspections and employee safety training.
To manage our risks and maintain rigorous health and safety standards, the Reinosa Steel Plant:
- Sets policies, procedures, instructions, and standards that are clearly communicated to all managers and the workforce. These preventative measures ensure that all employees understand their working environment and can identify and prevent any risks associated with their roles.
- Requires leadership to take primary responsibility for the health and safety of their team. From sales to the mill floor, leaders are expected to manage workplace risks and promote actions to protect their workers, as well as practice sustainable development, productivity, and efficiency.
- Requires workers to be responsible for not only their own health and safety, but the health and safety of their teammates. All employees share the responsibility of safeguarding their working environment, and complete their work according to the policies, procedures, instructions, and standards set by the Reinosa Steel Plant.
- Provides in-depth education and training on all new procedures and processes to ensure worker compliance and understanding to minimize operations risk.
- Keeps an open line of communication and dialogue between workers and their leaders to ensure any safety concerns or risks are quickly identified and actively minimized.